Contemporary Art Curriculum for 3-99yr olds
We believe that every child is an Artist. Naturally Creative, is a unique Contemporary Art Curriculum that stimulates children to express themselves with natural materials giving them a rich perception of the world and developing their sense of aesthetics.
Naturally Creative is a Contemporary Art curriculum that develops children sense of aesthetics by applying innovative art techniques inspired by the masters of Contemporary Art. The curriculum is subdivided into a series of modules or studies that focuses on a major art movement. Children learn how to identify the basic elements of art from form, color, shape, pattern and texture as they create their own Art Portfolio.
Every study is accompanied by a Teacher's Guide that empowers the teacher to talk intelligently about Contemporary Art and to recognize the creative process, acknowledging with confidence the value in the children’s creative output. A balance is created between exploration and knowing when to stop the creative exploration once the work has reached its optimum aesthetic value, turning you from a teacher to an Art Curator of your classroom Gallery!
Why Implement Naturally Creative Contemporary Art Curriculum?
- Multi-age curriculum for 3yrs+ that focuses on skills, unique techniques and art history education
- The only children's art curriculum to highlight the major post-world war II western Art movements, subdivided into 3 modules or studies: Land Art, Minimalism and Arte Povera
- Every study comes with the corresponding teacher's guide, inclusive of 16-20 unique lesson plans, providing classroom teachers with the specialized techniques to apply different art styles from the major Contemporary Art movements
- In addition, each study is accompanied by a beautifully designed Children's Art Portfolio that documents and guides each child to interpret the art movement(s) and build their own body of work in a fun and engaging way
- Provides teacher tools and handouts to exhibit the children's work, turning the classroom into an art gallery and the teacher into an art curator!
- Access to world renowned Contemporary Artist Paul Frank Wagner to facilitate the implementation process
- Learn from the masters, highlighting works by Carl Andre, Richard Long, Walter de Maria and Robert Smithson
Sticks & Stones, Land Art
Children are taken on a journey of self expression using natural materials such as sticks, stones, leaves and mud in a study inspired by the Land Art Movement and major works of Contemporary Art that used natural materials. This module takes you on a 16 week adventure of sculpture and more! For ages 3yrs+
In this study inspired by Contemporary Artist Paul Frank Wagner, children discover the amazing world of circles found in nature, the road and many other curious places, exploring their creativity with circular shapes to create their own unique works of art!