The Garden Project is aligned with U.K.'s EYFS Framework whilst applying S.T.E.A.M. education, to use nature as an authentic purpose of learning and facilitate real-world ways for children to learn, problem solve, develop communication skills with a strong aesthetic value.
Why implement The Garden Project?
- first program for 3-6yr olds to introduce sustainability whilst meeting your key early learning development goals
- is aligned with Research-Based Standards: EYFS Framework and S.T.E.A.M. Education
- complete of teacher resources and student journals to document the learning progressions
- easily customised to meet your curricular needs
- develops intrinsic values of empathy, collaboration, respect and patience
- applies creativity through critical thinking by combining and developing skills across disciplines, pooled from a team of specialists and experts
- connects classrooms from different countries to deliver cultural learning and build a global community
The 175-page Teacher's Manual gives teachers the step-by-step process of how to implement The Garden Project applying the EYFS guidelines and S.T.E.A.M. framework. The program follows nature's natural cycle to introduce the main developmental goals and is subdivided into 5 practical units: Preparing, Planting, Growing, Harvesting and Decomposing & Regenerating.
Aligned with UK's EYFS and S.T.E.A.M. Frameworks, the student journals are an integral component of The Garden Project. As budding scientists, children learn to document their findings of Nature, from seed to vegetable, making learning visible and applying highly aesthetic techniques in the process. These skill-based journals are subdivided into 3 levels: Sense of Wonder (3-5yr olds), Sense of Observation (4-6yr olds) and Sense of Investigation (5-7yr olds).
Choose between three implementation methods: Self-paced Online training, a full day face-to-face training for all your staff and/or a residency program with a Hoopla Education Expert.
Garden Party is a great way to involve parents, children and even grand-parents in a bonding experience with Nature! Download your free pack below with the step-by-step guide of how to run this beautifully engaging session at your school or parent night!