Meet your Early Years Development Goals with 21st Century Skills
Connecting kids to nature has never been more important. The Garden Project, implemented through our face-to-face workshop, gives educators the step-by-step process of how to create an edible Garden-in-the-Box to apply the S.T.E.A.M. Framework and develop numerous planned and spontaneous lesson plans to meet your Early Years' curricular needs!
Many children have a desperate need to be connected to Nature. The Garden Project reconnects children to nature and meets Early Childhood development goals. Every stage of growing things gives children a sense of purpose and satisfaction and is a fantastic way to involve parents in the educational process!
This workshop gives educators the step-by-step guide on how to create your own edible garden-in-the-box, using recycled materials, as well as apply numerous planned and spontaneous growing activities with children to complete your curricular needs.
Full S.T.E.A.M. ahead
Our workshop is designed to show you how to create contexts that sustain learning processes through the application of a variety of skills, disciplinary knowledge and competencies found in S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) Subjects.
4 Easy Modules
Taught in a collaborative environment, the workshop is subdivided into 4 modules:
Science & Engineering: The veggie Garden-in-a-Box
Educators are given the step-by-step process of how to create a personalised edible classroom Garden-in-a-box to use as an endless resource for scientific exploration. We use natural materials and feature living plants in a real-world context for a truly authentic purpose for learning.
Participants are given the specialised techniques of how to use natural materials, veggies and recycled materials to display work aesthetically!
Find innovative ways to further the discovery of plant growth and documenting findings by using technology, in the palm of your hand!
Early Numeracy: Measuring Empathy with Water
Maths and science will come together into a lesson on empathy and patience by combining it with caring for living organisms.
What The Garden Project Workshop gives you:
- A full day 6hr workshop
- Learning Groups of no more than 20 participants each, to facilitate the technical apprenticeship conducted by our Hoopla Education Experts and concluding with a group collaborative session
- A Garden-In-The-Box per participant
- The complete 175-page Teacher's Manual covering 5 units with spontaneous and structured lesson plans to apply the specialised skills and techniques acquired throughout the workshop.
- The workshop is taught in a collaborative environment by “emotionally, intellectually and aesthetically" engaging the
- Access to a global community of like-minded individuals
- Online video tutorials
- The Hoopla Education Certificate of Completion
For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org